Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you guys confirm if the modes on top of the exterior lamp switch (Off/Auto/Parking/Low Beams) should be lit at night or not? On mine is only the selecting handle lit and everything else is dark, which seems a little odd.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Can you guys confirm if the modes on top of the exterior lamp switch (Off/Auto/Parking/Low Beams) should be lit at night or not? On mine is only the selecting handle lit and everything else is dark, which seems a little odd.
Sorry to take this long;but I really figured someone more knowledgeable would respond,and the main squeeze doesn't let me out much after dark anymore.Anyhoo,my 03Sl 500 perimeter indicators are lit with lights on to indicate which mode being used at the time.Hope this helps;also dont look for a cruise control indicator,either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry to take this long;but I really figured someone more knowledgeable would respond,and the main squeeze doesn't let me out much after dark anymore.Anyhoo,my 03Sl 500 perimeter indicators are lit with lights on to indicate which mode being used at the time.Hope this helps;also dont look for a cruise control indicator,either.
I thought so too - for such an easy question that pretty much every SL owner should know. Any way thanks for the reply - but it kind of hard to understand what you are talking about. The bottom right indicator does get lit with the lights on (to indicate if the lights are on or off). What am I asking about is the top ones? Or I have to use a flash light while driving at night to see where to change the mode. (For example: If I want to use a fog lights I have to change to driving lights mode)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Each indicator is lit individually as the knob is turned to it,on my car,as parklamp icon is lit when knob set on parklamp,auto icon is lit when set on auto.Hope this helps.Anyhoo,you shouldn't have to use an auxiliary light to see how to control your car lights.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi,

None of those symbols are illuminated on my car.
I thought it must be some kind of problem, so I decided to have a look.
When taking it apart it was obvious why the symbols did not lit.
There where no bulbs or leads to those symbols. They are just printed on the surface.

///Bjorn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

None of those symbols are illuminated on my car.
I thought it must be some kind of problem, so I decided to have a look.
When taking it apart it was obvious why the symbols did not lit.
There where no bulbs or leads to those symbols. They are just printed on the surface.

///Bjorn
Thanks for the best answer - I never had a chance to get in to it myself :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts