Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone considering opting for the extended MB warranty should check the list of items NOT COVERED. Most of the included items are parts/systems that you would expect might fail. Hmmmmmm!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are (or were) two versions of the MB extended warranty. The basic version is pretty much limited to power train. The premium extended warranty that I bought a couple weeks ago covers most everything that might be likely to fail (and be costly to repair), including all electronics (and factory sound), motors, seat mechanisms, air conditioning, sun roof mechanism, door closers and power locks, instruments/displays, and ABS/ESP hardware.<br> <br> Having said that, I read in the Edmunds C- and E-class forums that DC is reformulating, and re-pricing the extended warranty offerings. Part of the formula change is to reduce the maximum coverage term available from 8 years (4 basic + 4 extended) to 7 years (4 basic + 3 extended). I imagine that along with that they will increase the price. The press reports are that DC is taking a big profit hit due to unexpectedly high warranty costs, and bringing out a new E-class line this year won't help. It seems likely that they will adjust/increase extended warranty prices so that the warranty remains a profitable sale.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts