Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ML 320
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, you wnat to know the state of the World? ..buy a service contract, as they're properly called.

I bought one for our '01 Porsche Boxster-S. The factory ends at 4yr/50k. I got this service contract from IWS (www.iwsgroup.com/index.asp) for 5yrs/80k for $1900. The kicker about this outfit is that you can pay $110. more and get the $1900 back if you don't use the contract.

Our 01 ML320 is in the same boat, so I asked about the same program for it. Nope: they'll only extend it for 4yrs/100K...but the bomb is that it costs: $4800. Sheeee'it!

With my clever cap on, I asked about this contract an 01 Acura MDX with a similar 35K on the odometer. They'll go out to 5ys/100k. Price: $1,583.

So that's what the guys with the green eyeshades think of the modern Mercedes. I feel maybe as if I'm tip-toeing thru the graveyard with this truck....tho' I've only had a few electrical problems.

Jim

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the chysler daimler warranty 5yrs/50k miles added to my current mileage of 46k miles. The cost was $2200 with a $200 deductible. The deductible is a little steep, but if the tranny goes or something big, the $200 will be nothing. I bought it from Lisa at the Chico Dealer. The good thing about this warranty is that you can go to any 3rd party as well as Mercedes direct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts