Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Coupe
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of the best place to purchase an extended warranty for my car? I called the dealership and they said a 4 year, 100k mile warranty would be about $3k and that is with a $100 deductible and no maintainance covereage. That service A service B stuff could get pretty expensive if it's not covered.

Paul
Austin, TX

·
Registered
40 Posts
Paul,

I shopped for an extended warranty for a full year and could not find an after-market that would cover maintenance for a realistic price. Even the Starmark warranty does not cover service A or B when the original factory warranty expires.

I hit my service "A" after my warranty expired and it was only $165.00 including the oil change (Florida). I inquired what the service "B" would run and was told $375.00. While some may question the actual value of the A & B service, I at least have the piece of mind that MB goes over the entire car for me. Also remember some components (cat converter) are covered for more than the 4 years.

If you have the history report of your car and it has passed (or if your still under warranty...get it done now) I would suggest you bank the $2,000+ for the extended warranty and use it when you actually have a repair. I'm at 29K and have only paid for service A and a set of brakes.

Scott [:)]

·
Registered
clk55
88 Posts
If you drive 12-15K per year and plan to keep the car 3-4 years, I would suggest to you to buy the plan, if you can swing it.

All you need is an a/c problem and you're in the thousands. Plus the warranty should be able to be transferred to the next owner if you plan to sell it privately, thus making the car more saleable.

I did.

·
Registered
'01 CLK430
9 Posts
hi there... hope this response isn't too late. i just joined and i came across your post. i too thought the extended warranty from m-b was a bit steep, so i shopped around. the best one i found was direct service contracts (www.directservicecontracts.com). i got a 4 year, 75k extended warranty (ultimate plus) for $2,095. compare for yourself, it might work for you too.

good luck!

·
Registered
2003 E320
23 Posts
A local independent dealer of used MBZ's and other high-dollar cars sells a Service Agreement under the name: Driver Z Edge:

http://warrantyconnection.com/driverz/facts1.htm

Have heard its a very good plan, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts