Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see, I'm a new member here. I've lurked before, but I have some warranty-related questions.

I've been considering picking up a used W211 E55 AMG for a daily driver. I see some good prices, but before I jump on it, I need to worry about the warranty. I understand the cars had a 48mo/50k mile warranty from the factory. I also know that new owners could purchase an extended warranty that is transferable to subsequent owners.

Does this mean that I'm precluded from buying a Mercedes extended warranty if I'm the second owner? Do I just have to look for one that already has an extended warranty?

Any other options would be helpful.

·
Registered
1990 420SEL, 1979 450SEL, 1973 450SE, 2003 C320S, 2005 C230WZ, 2005 E320W Avantgarde
95 Posts
You should spend the extra money and get a CPO car. You should also buy the extra years for CPO if you need them. It is very worth the money with cars like these.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Res Ipsa said:
As you can see, I'm a new member here. I've lurked before, but I have some warranty-related questions.

I've been considering picking up a used W211 E55 AMG for a daily driver. I see some good prices, but before I jump on it, I need to worry about the warranty. I understand the cars had a 48mo/50k mile warranty from the factory. I also know that new owners could purchase an extended warranty that is transferable to subsequent owners.

Does this mean that I'm precluded from buying a Mercedes extended warranty if I'm the second owner? Do I just have to look for one that already has an extended warranty?

Any other options would be helpful.
iirc, you cannot buy the factory warranty as a second owner. you can buy an aftermarket warranty that is honored by the dealer. the latter option will cost you about half as much and can entitle you to even more benefits depending on the type of coverage. the only thing you need to consdier is that the car must have an existing warranty for several aftermarket companies to offer covage. in my research, mercury insurance seems to have the best reputation, prices, and coverage.

·
Registered
E320 4Matic
27 Posts
I just bought a 2004 E320 with 1 yr and almost 20K left on the original warranty.
The Stealership wanted $2k for one year of CPO protection and $2,600 for two years.

I went with an aftermarket extended warranty dealer that was a pleasure to deal with and has significantly greater benefits and coverage than the MB CPO. Additionally I can get my car serviced anywhere after the original warranty runs out and am not necessarily locked into my local MB dealer. It is also transferrable to any new owner if I sell the car.

I got 4 yr and 75K miles for my car for about $2,500. This coverage includes, phones, navigation, airbags, just about everything on the car plus loaners, roadside assistance and more.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 1992 Wrangler, 1997 Maxima
3 Posts
DONT BUY AN AFTERMARKET WARRANTY FOR WARRANTY GOLD. i BOUGHT ONE A FEW YEARS AGO AND THE UNDERWRITER WENT BANKRUPT, i PAID 1300.00 BUCKS AND GOT NOTHING. iTS MORE EXPENSIVE BUT I THINK BUYING ONE FROM MERCEDES GUARANTEES THEY WILL HONOR IT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts