Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 E320. Bought it used with 77K miles.

Anyone knows of a good extended warranty plan for this car. I would not mind a simple 1yr/12K or 2yr 24K plan.

There are tons of these plans around on the net but I want one that will not nickel and dime me when a problem arises.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
I asked for a reference recently because my CPO warranty will expire in early summer, 2008. My dealer's finance guy said they found a good one that is based somewhere in Florida. I'll be there tomorrow for service and will ask the guy which one that is. He said they shopped around to find the "best one" to offer their customers. I'll post whatever I find out sometime tomorrow. Although the MB warranties almost have to be the best available, surely there are a few companies that are worth a look for those of us who do not qualify for the "real thing".

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

But my problems is that the car currently has no warranty. Many of the warranties out there require that you buy it before your factory warranty expires (I assume that your CPO is under factory warranty).

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
1) A CPO car purchsed from an MB dealer comes with a 12/100,000 CPO warranty. If the car qualifies, we can extend that to a maximum of 7 years in service but not beyond the 100,000 miles.

2) I was unaware that the aftermarket companies required that MBs to already be under a warranty. MB requires that if we want to extend a new car one, and if I understand it correctly, a CPO also.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
OK, I was at the dealer today as I said I would be. They offer something to extend a warranty for one more year IF it is still under a CPO. I was in service past the time that the finance people left so I still do not have a company to mention here. I'll be calling them soon and will post the info. Since your car is not I guess that will not help you. Next time, but a CPO, believe me, they are worth the extra money spent. I just got another $500 (approx) out of mine today for fixing a crankshaft rear seal oil leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts