Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 car and my 50,000 miles are coming up quick. How much does it cost to extend the warranty? Is it worth it? I always heard that those were the biggest rip offs (easy money for the dealers) Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
A lot of companies offer them...

I thought the Mercedes extended warranty had to be bought within the first year and with under 15k or so miles. Companies found on the web have comparable rates, but their adjuster usually has to verify the problem to authorize the fix and then the repair shop would send them the bill. The dealer would probably want you to pay for the repair and you would have to get reimbursed later. It seems that any of my cars out of the original warranty usually cost around a thousand for each problem. The warranty can be worth it if you keep the car and have annual mileage within the policy terms. It will help some for resale later, for a liitle piece of mind for the buyer. I bought the Mercedes policies for my ML320 and the CLK55. The ML so far has had problems I have never had with any other car and nothing on the CLK looks cheap to fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts