Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to purchase an extended warranty for my CL 65. i tried everywhere to no avail. one will do a 600 and a few others a 55 but no 65. if anyone knows of a place please let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im actually in the market for an extended warranty on my 03' CL55 AMG myself. I'm going to contact Chrysler Service Contracts to see if they still offer an extended warranty for that model. You should check if they offer on your CL65. I found this info through the search but it was out-dated, mid 2009.

As merc63amg stated, if anyone has any info on more recent/up to date extended warranties it would be highly appreciated.

Merc63: In no way, shape, or form am I trying to steal your thread. I have the same issue and figured it would be more beneficial to post here rather than having 2 threads with the same question.

·
Registered
'02 CL500
376 Posts
I'm afraid you won't find anything of value available due to the age of your cars. I went thru this several years ago with my '02 CL500 and the only thing I could find was at the stealer and they wanted something in the neighborhood of $6000 per year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid 5500 for my 08 CL 63. That is for 5 years 75000 miles from the warranty purchase date. I have a zero deductible and an option to pay monthly. In the first yeah I had 6800 in a suspension and Canbus electrical issue. I already am ahead of the game. They just won't warranty a 65. I can give you the number if you like. I had a CL 500 and 55 with this company and the 500 was like 4200 for 5 years. Whoever told 6K a year is outta their mind. Actually i will copy the email my rep sent me. here is the contact info call them up. Let me know how you make out. Ask for the platinum plan.
To purchase a Mercury agreement please call Allied Solutions at 1-800-826-9384 x 23319 – speak to Damion Trombetta

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Merc, i will definitely make that call and check it out. Has the warranty paid for itself already? when did you actually get it for your CL63?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, yes it has paid for itself already. I purchased the warranty in April, there is a 1 month 1000 mile grace period, the mile thing just say its 1000 less when you purchase it. After 39 days the suspension rolled a 7 and crapped out on me, which caused the CanBus gateway to go bad. Somehow it put 333,333 miles on the car, so had to get all that fixed. Then two weeks ago my power steering/suspension pump went bad... ABC cars Blow, wish it had airmatic.. It has DEFINITELY been worth it for me just 4 months in. And the paid everything not one cent outta my pocket..... Need to find one for the 65 now.....

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
No worries, yes it has paid for itself already. I purchased the warranty in April, there is a 1 month 1000 mile grace period, the mile thing just say its 1000 less when you purchase it. After 39 days the suspension rolled a 7 and crapped out on me, which caused the CanBus gateway to go bad. Somehow it put 333,333 miles on the car, so had to get all that fixed. Then two weeks ago my power steering/suspension pump went bad... ABC cars Blow, wish it had airmatic.. It has DEFINITELY been worth it for me just 4 months in. And the paid everything not one cent outta my pocket..... Need to find one for the 65 now.....

Right there with you. ABC just kills the cars reliability and, IMHO, has led to the absolute free fall in value of the 215's. I feel the ABC is also the reason no one wants to warranty the CL's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I may have found a company that will warranty the CL's. It's called Royal protection plans. I spoke with a Mercedes Benz rep from NY that told me that their are only about 3 companies left that will actually give you and extended warranty on a CL and actually stick with their claims. He stated, all other companies consumers dealt with when purchasing an extended warranty did not last due to their lack of commitment to the warranty; certain parts, components weren't covered, etc..

I'm going to look into this and will keep you posted. If anyone has dealt with the company, please let me know..

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
Make sure they cover the ABC components including the hydraulic hoses. If not, the warranty is a waste of money.

·
Registered
Lots of collector cars from the 50's to present
288 Posts
NOT TRUE!! www.LaSalleWarranty.com They will warranty your car. I did the 6k plan with the 500.00 deductible. It covers everything. Worth its weight in gold. Only company that will warranty these cars and they are reliable,dependable and will pay any part of the claim as long as you buy the entire Platinum package.

·
Registered
20 Posts
NOT TRUE!! LaSalle Assurance Warranty They will warranty your car. I did the 6k plan with the 500.00 deductible. It covers everything. Worth its weight in gold. Only company that will warranty these cars and they are reliable,dependable and will pay any part of the claim as long as you buy the entire Platinum package.
Are you sure about this? When did you warranty your car? Some companies won't do this due to the cars age. Ive heard of people getting decent plans and rates in 09, but this is 3 yrs later. Car is almost 10 yrs old..

·
Registered
Lots of collector cars from the 50's to present
288 Posts
I bought my car new,so before the factory warranty ran out,I bought the policy. Since I had basically no miles on the car it wasn't an issue and was a better deal than the factory extended warranty with a much longer time, I needed time not miles. It will run out in about 5 years and I am only as of today, going to recoup my losses. My accumulators need to be replaced as I noticed the car is becoming soft. They will replace all three and that will eat up most of what paid for the warranty. I will also have them do a few other things while it is there and that will take care of what I paid out of pocket. Good luck and I hope they can help you. I know it was worth the money and the security of knowing I had warranty was a good feeling. My car took 4 months to build and came in 07/2006 so the warranty only ran a year ago and I now only have 7,600 miles on the car. I bought the policy in mid July of 2011.

UPDATE: took my car to MBZ for the 5 second "Visit workshop light coming on". They put it on the computer and I had "0" errors. Everything was a check mark No small "f" of large "F" or even one single "i ". He said it was one of the very first CL's that he has seen with out any error codes or stored codes. He did go into the level section of the system and there was a sensor on one of the struts that was out of range but didn't store a code. He did something that made the car drop a few inches and it tested the pressure it was 188 and it re-calibrated the sensors to all be in range of each other and I left. No charge and so I guess, I will have to wait to use that extended warranty if ever. Good luck guys. Let us know if LaSalle works for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my car new,so before the factory warranty ran out,I bought the policy. Since I had basically no miles on the car it wasn't an issue and was a better deal than the factory extended warranty with a much longer time, I needed time not miles. It will run out in about 5 years and I am only as of today, going to recoup my losses. My accumulators need to be replaced as I noticed the car is becoming soft. They will replace all three and that will eat up most of what paid for the warranty. I will also have them do a few other things while it is there and that will take care of what I paid out of pocket. Good luck and I hope they can help you. I know it was worth the money and the security of knowing I had warranty was a good feeling. My car took 4 months to build and came in 07/2006 so the warranty only ran a year ago and I now only have 7,600 miles on the car. I bought the policy in mid July of 2011.

UPDATE: took my car to MBZ for the 5 second "Visit workshop light coming on". They put it on the computer and I had "0" errors. Everything was a check mark No small "f" of large "F" or even one single "i ". He said it was one of the very first CL's that he has seen with out any error codes or stored codes. He did go into the level section of the system and there was a sensor on one of the struts that was out of range but didn't store a code. He did something that made the car drop a few inches and it tested the pressure it was 188 and it re-calibrated the sensors to all be in range of each other and I left. No charge and so I guess, I will have to wait to use that extended warranty if ever. Good luck guys. Let us know if LaSalle works for you.
Thanks for your feedback. That warranty should pay for itself sometime in the future.

I contacted LaSalle Warranty corp and they priced me up the platinum warranty including the hydraulic suspension surcharge which was an extra $750.00 of the total price i believe. Total package is probably going to be around $6500 for 5 years.

I need to know if anyone else has used this company and has actually filed a claim that was covered under warranty and how the process actually was. Every company seems to claim that they take care of their claims as long a you buy the best package; I've just heard to many stories, espcially from ppl on here. Is LaSalle truly a good warranty company to go with or are am i going to have problems with future claims.

Just trying to get the best input here before i decide to take the plunge. 6 g's plus, is alot of money (i know its less than the entire ABC suspension alone, spare me the comments) but i would like it to be put to good use. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to bump this thread because I just bought an '06 CL55 and I too want some feedback on which warranty actually pays on claims.
Thanks for any input

1 - 15 of 15 Posts