Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SL550R
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post this as it might just help out someone along the way.
Back in 2015 I bought a used '08 SL550 I was to be the 3rd owner, it had roughly 44,000 miles on it and was in great shape. I bought it from an MB dealer located in CT, as it had been MBCertified it was not eligible for factory support I guess they don't certify cars at this mileage. So I pressed the dealer for an aftermarket warranty, and they came to me with a choice, I wanted years before miles(I live in the Northeast and the car is an occasional driver 6k year). I purchased 6years /36,000 miles of extended warranty for $3200. The carrier was CNA National warranty corporation, the plan is called Z series and it has a $200/deductible. First yes $3200 is a lot until you need something fixed, first repair PSE pump Dealer repair quote $1512.00, Out of Pocket $200. Second repair front accumulation dampener Indy repair quote, $750.00. Third and most recently I took it to my indy for a strange noise, I thought may have been the front stabilizer arms. Corrected to be Ball Joints and Motor Mounts. I have not seen the repair order for this yet but and this is where it gets important, each time my indy has spoken with them he has called me to tell me how great they are to deal with no problems any time. Some indy's won't work with exWarranty because it's a bitch to get the $, not the case here. Basically my shop told me if I did these two repairs at a dealership I would have more than covered the total cost of my warranty. I know one of the great trepidations to owning something like this can be repair costs this warranty company really seems to step up. Here is a web link

·
Registered
2004 SL500, 2014 C350 Sport
220 Posts
Good info. You probably have broken about even. Your cost has been $3800, including the co-pays for the three jobs. It can be hit and miss with the different companies. Thanks for sharing this particular one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts