Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct in saying that the late late 126's were incorporated with express windows meaning the window would go down by itself with one touch?

I need to replace the worn out switch in my 126 for the drivers side window so I was thinking if im able to get a 1991 express window swtich would it do this or is there something in the regulator aswell?[:D]

Somebody make me happy

·
Registered
573 Posts
i don't think any of the 126's got one-touch windows...they were introduced in the 140's.

anyone???

i myself am thinking of getting the one-touch kit from bergwerks......

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the switches from other models such as the 140 look like they would swap but im not sure if it would still work in this case.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
mercbuff - 4/6/2005 3:58 PM

i don't think any of the 126's got one-touch windows...they were introduced in the 140's.

anyone???

i myself am thinking of getting the one-touch kit from bergwerks......
Bergwerks 1 touch windows and their 1st gear start, are in my opinion, the 2 best upgrades to start with. Bergweks is fantastic, and so are all their products. I'm at the top of their list for the 126 nitrous kit they are working on. A tremendous amount of quality R&D go into everything they do.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would my idea work?

·
Registered
89 420 SEL (sold), 01ML320 (sold), 03 S430 4MATIC, 06 ML500
580 Posts
It could I guess the only way would be to see if the socket fits. The thing is that I don't think it is the switch that controls it. When upgrading, condsider MAYBACH switches...believe it or not they look identical too!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe your best bet will be to go with the bergwerks 1-touch window button kit. It is pretty inexpensive, and instead of only converting the driver window you will result in converting all four windows. That is at least what I intend to do with my 126.

·
Registered
1990 300SE
1,466 Posts
I spilled soda on the console once. Stuff dried down there, so now I have a sticky window switch. It works as a one touch window, as the switch sticks down on the side I depress.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL i'll spill my Slurpee tommorow in that case![:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts