Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
power windows won't stay in full up position on my new 430 CLK. Any suggestions as to how to re-boot the comp[uter that runs them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is becoming a bigger problem with the MY2001 and the cabs especially. Put the window down and t

: power windows won't stay in full up position on my new 430 CLK. Any suggestions as to how to re-boot the comp[uter that runs them?<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried the holding button down solution and it doesn't work. I'll let people know what the dealer does to (hopefully) "re-boot" the windows.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Power windows on cab

I've had the windows fixed, I think. Dealer found both front windows were slightly out of alignment so computer thought there was resistance and sent window back down again. This is the "pinch-avoidance" feature. Once windows were aligned properly, seems to be OK in express-up mode. Keeping my fingers crossed.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
: power windows won't stay in full up position on my new 430 CLK. Any suggestions as to how to re-boot the comp[uter that runs them?<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
: : power windows won't stay in full up position on my new 430 CLK. Any suggestions as to how to re-boot the comp[uter that runs them?<p><p>Put them down, then tap them up and hold for a few seconds in full up position (with door closed). This may re-set them. In my 430 cab, the windows were very slightly out of alignment once adjusted by the dealer (both sides) problem apparently solved. Computer apparently thinks there's an obstruction and due to "no pinch" feature, drops windows down. The owners' manual describes re-booting as well, or call 800 number. Good luck.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See my message of 1/9. Dealer's attention to alignment of windows seems to have worked (so far). Try putting windows all the way down, bringing them up in stages, and when they reach the very top, hold down power button for a few seconds. This may do it.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same problem on my 2001 CLK55. I've been reluctant to let the dealer touch it since the windows currently seal well at speed and I'm concerned that if the dealer adjusts for a looser fit one side effect will be wind whistles at high speed. Currently, at 155mph, the windows seal perfectly. Pretty amazing compared to other cars I've owned.<br> -- Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.