Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
spåhonsåÿo
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MKB-Motorenbau GmbH has a tuning kit for the SLK200K, MKB27123, which compared to the original 163hp/240Nm gives 240hp/300Nm. This kit costs EUR 11650 + EUR 650 for installation + V.A.T. Cars with automatic gearbox needs a modification of the gearbox which costs EUR 2580 + EUR 350 for the job + V.A.T. The tuning kit/gearbox modification can only be done in Germany and takes three days. When contacting MKB they could not show any performance diagram over horsepower/torque!? Since the whole exhaust sytem is replaced, I asked for sound sample of a modifyed car, but that was not possible to give me!? The kit gives a lot of extra hp/torque, but is rather expensive. For that money I can trade in my SLK200K for a SLK350 which then has the same power but is in original shape. What do you think about this?
/Bengt

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Your final conclusion makes sense.
You would be better off trading in and getting an SLK350 with more power and full warranty.

Cheers!

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
The same is true when comparing the cost of upgrading the performance of the SLK350 to the cost of trading it in for an SLK55. What we tend to overlook here in the US is the punitive taxes charged by some countries based strictly upon engine displacement rather than performance. Owners in Singapore, for example, would probably find the SLK200 tuning upgrade described above as an attractive option. We are so spoiled here in the USA.

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
2004 SLK200K - 2/8/2005 4:59 AM

The MKB-Motorenbau GmbH has a tuning kit for the SLK200K, MKB27123, which compared to the original 163hp/240Nm gives 240hp/300Nm. This kit costs EUR 11650 + EUR 650 for installation + V.A.T. Cars with automatic gearbox needs a modification of the gearbox which costs EUR 2580 + EUR 350 for the job + V.A.T. The tuning kit/gearbox modification can only be done in Germany and takes three days. When contacting MKB they could not show any performance diagram over horsepower/torque!? Since the whole exhaust sytem is replaced, I asked for sound sample of a modifyed car, but that was not possible to give me!? The kit gives a lot of extra hp/torque, but is rather expensive. For that money I can trade in my SLK200K for a SLK350 which then has the same power but is in original shape. What do you think about this?
/Bengt

It can be good for me, because in my country a 200K costs about 75K and 350 costs about 125K euro. [:D]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi there Fgwinn,

Are u a S'porean? Curious to know... Acutally u are kind of right. But of coz when doing so. There will be void of warranty. And also realibility is down. Unless one do such mods after the warranty period.

Cheers....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts