Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 C350 Coupe, Palladium Silver,
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this sound like a good price?

Brakes, Rotors replaced, Dealer and then the right front Fog light.

Brake pads and rotors - $1280
Front Fog Light - $380

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Brakes I am getting a 2nd quote tomorrow I think it'll still be like $1K

Fog Light sounds like Bull$hit because it's just a part and a bulb I would think.

·
Registered
'08 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
116 Posts
Dealer quoted price for parts and labor on your single fog light assembly is quite high... If you bring it to the dealer the average cost of having it fixed is around $250-350 for both parts and labor

Unfortunately you can't order the replacement glass by itself, you have to get the whole fog lamp assembly... Here's a link if you want to get it cheaper: Genuine Mercedes Parts

You can DIY once you have the part, all you need is a set of torx screwdriver set and a socket wrench with a torx bit adapter, First thing you need to do is to remove the mesh grille around the fog lamp which is held by 3 torx screws... then remove the 4 torx screws that holds the fog light assembly using a socket wrench with a torx bit adapter... If your not comfortable doing all these by yourself you can always bring it to a local body shop and it will only take them less than 30 minutes to do it

·
Registered
254 Posts
How many miles do you have on your car. Are they mostly highway?

I've heard about the pricy MB brake job. One of the techs that frequents these forums was saying that he would only replace the rotars every second brake job. So I've been thinking about replacing the pads myself when the time comes. This is on an early production 2008 C300.

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
expensive repairs

Almost $1,300 for brake repairs you are kiddin me? I'll get rid of mine if thats what I got to look forward to these are Bentley prices.I had a non Mercedes repair shop replace my fog lights(3 times) for $140.00 each time.I love my Benz but the repair cost are crazy.

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
For a stealership the prices sound pretty average. I would find a reputable independent to do the brake job. There should be many in your area! I would think you could save at least 3-400 gong that route. Just curious, how many miles on your car? And just for cost comparisons, the same job on my previous Audi RS 4 was $1600 at the stealership!

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Unless they are scoured you won't have to replace thye rotors on the first brake job. Pads are about 120.00 from the dealer and it took me less than an hour from going out the front door to returning after a test drive down the block and back. Very easy DIY. As far as the fog light if it is the passanger side it should only take about 20 minutes to replace the whole unit driver side tkaes longer as it is a pain to get it out of the car and get the new one in. Mounting is just as much a PIA on either side. Buy Lamin-X for the fogs and you won't have them crack again.

·
Registered
2012 C350 Coupe, Palladium Silver,
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks yall for the insight. I talked to a mechanic across the street from the repair center and the good sir is going to do the brakes for just under $800. My front rotors are scoured and trashed and my rear are like 5% left.

My car has 29K miles btw, but I know this happened because I drive like a maniac to win the race down the Pine to Masonic corridor heading out to the Sunset. I have to be in front because those in the city who slow down the pack should be shot. (Indecisive lane changes, slow as hell off the line, etc). SF has lots of hills too.

I also am having the cup holder replaced at the dealer and that was covered by warranty, FYI for ya'll. The stupid little prong thingy's popped out on 2 of them.

Foglight, I might try DIY, thanks for the tip on the Laminex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts