Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question. For those of you who happen to posses a 65AMG or maybe even a Aston Martin of Ferrari or even a Lambo. What happens when you get tired of your car and you want to get rid of it. Since those cars are not in as high demand as your ordinary C200, what happends if no one wants to buy your car as a second hand? Like old people who buy a Bentley, what if no one wants it when their done. What do you do with the car?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
If you need the money, you sell it at a loss to the dealer (or a dealer). For example, Ferrari of Switzerland will usually pay pretty good money to take back one of their cars.

As they say, they only lend you your Ferrari, you never fully own it (or something like that).

Otherwise, you'll just put it in a barn and hold on to it for 50 years, with someone discovering the car in the future and making big bucks out of a mint condition vehicle (seems to happen every now and then).

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh thanks for clearing that up, I was just wondering what happens to some of the guys on the board with 65's that no one wants to buy...

·
Registered
85 Posts
As with everything, the market price is determined by supply and demand.

There is a demand for those types of cars you mentioned.

I haven't checked, but they probably depreciate in line with regular cars. 10% a year or whatever it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts