Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Expensive, yes........... real or fake though?

What do you guys reckon? I noticed the missing part number print, but I may be wrong.

Mercedes W123 W124 R107 W201 W126 STICKER AIR FILTER on eBay (end time 22-Dec-10 19:15:47 GMT)
The ad says not available from dealer. Obviously this means he had to have it made. Not all decals have the part numbers on them, but this one SHOULD have a P/N.

Some decals can be expensive from the dealer - the fuel filler lid that indicates tire pressures is $15 and some change straight from MB.

·
Registered
1981 300 C D Bot with 14K miles.
525 Posts
26 Euros for a sticker.

You are talking about the cherry on top of the whip cream.

and there were a lots of bidders.

These are the elite collectors.

Way out there, but interesting.

·
Registered
1980 280e
670 Posts
Heh made one with gimp, it's better than paying $30. I'll have an online sticker printing site print out a few probably next spring. The font is helvetica, but the ü didn't turn out quite correct so might redo it later. It looks better in .tiff format but this site doesn't allow .tiff images, that is what the .zip file is, it looks slightly better than the .jpg image.

Attachments

·
Registered
1980 280e
670 Posts
Does anyone know how big that sticker is? Would a glossy 2x4 shipping label be close enough? The corners could be rounded with a razor blade or something.

edit: after looking around it looks like some models (w124 it looked like there was writing on the right hand side that could have been a part number) have stickers with what could be part#'s on them, but other's (ie w201) don't have part #'s, so far to be fair I haven't actaully found a picture of one with a definite part number, w123's don't look like they have part numbers on them.

·
Registered
1967 300
494 Posts
Does anyone know how big that sticker is? Would a glossy 2x4 shipping label be close enough? The corners could be rounded with a razor blade or something.

edit: after looking around it looks like some models (w124 it looked like there was writing on the right hand side that could have been a part number) have stickers with what could be part#'s on them, but other's (ie w201) don't have part #'s, so far to be fair I haven't actaully found a picture of one with a definite part number, w123's don't look like they have part numbers on them.
I have a label maker that I print to all of the time listing purchase order numbers, asset tag, and renewal dates for computer equipment.

I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1981 300 C D Bot with 14K miles.
525 Posts
I really do not think MB of America would mind...

I have a label maker that I print to all of the time listing purchase order numbers, asset tag, and renewal dates for computer equipment.

I see no reason why that wouldn't work.
In the criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future, and, in some cases, with at least one overt act in furtherance of that agreement. There is no limit on the number participating in the conspiracy. For the purposes of concurrence, parties may join the plot later and incur joint liability and conspiracy can be charged where the co-conspirators have been acquitted or cannot be traced. Finally, repentance by one or more parties does not affect liability but may reduce their sentence.

Let me think.... okay just do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts