Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to put some exhaust tip on my 98 c280. how would i install somthing like this if the exhaust pipe is located behind the back bumper, you can't see the pipes. and also they point down not straight back. how will i get the tips to go under the bumper so they will show without cutting it. and will i have to cut the curved pipes?

·
Registered
1994 C220 (W202) Classic and 1998 C240 (W202) Elegance
342 Posts
Hi ZJC280,

Do NOT cut your exhaust pipes. There are special exhaust tips that fit onto the MB curved pipes.

Here is an example:

Doube C180 Tailipipe | Autostyle Motorsport

**Disclaimer: I have never purchased anything online from this shop - so I cannot vouch for service quality / delivery etc. I have only visited the shop years ago where I purchased some fog lights for my old BMW.**

My advice is to check out local auto styling shops in your area and get some advice on the right part, fitting it, and whether you'll need to make modifications to the rear bumper lip to accommodate the new exhaust tip. (I think you may have to cut out a small section in the bumper like so : |__|00|_____________| )

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
Just my opinion, but add on tips are so wanna-be and lame. They are not cheap either. Why not just spend a bit more and get a Magnaflow muffler? There are some models that work well with the w202. They look better than stock, don't look wanna-be, have a better sound and might even give you an extra hp or two.

·
Registered
2008 e350, 2003 CLK500
101 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever tried the Magnaflow mufflers on a 2000 C230K??? If you have, what part # was used??

·
Registered
1998 C180 Classic
115 Posts
Just my opinion, but add on tips are so wanna-be and lame. They are not cheap either. Why not just spend a bit more and get a Magnaflow muffler? There are some models that work well with the w202. They look better than stock, don't look wanna-be, have a better sound and might even give you an extra hp or two.
totally agree with you here, and if you gonna do anything, think about going all the way to the block, ie a header-back system, to get alot more power and a deeper sounding exhaust.. not sure if there are any options available all the way to the headers, post em here if there are!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts