Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Mercedes E420 and was wondering how one of these cars sounds with no resonator and a high flow muffler? I am also ordering 2 KandN filters for a little extra power as well.[:)]?

·
Registered
68 280 SEL, 89 300TE
906 Posts
I just had a cat back system installed/fabricated last weekend! I knew the guys who installed it for just under $300 which is a lot better price than some of the after market exausts made for mercedes.
Oh baby does it sound good. They made a y pipe after the cats into a 2.5 inch pipe deleting the resonator and installing a Flowmaster muffler which I painted with high temp exaust paint satin black. This has been one of my favorite mods to the car as it feels a tiny bit smoother under hard acceleration and the sound is incredible. A throaty burble but at idle almost silent, and on the Interstate it isn 't noticeably louder, I don't have a "tip" on the exhaust yet but I don't mind, my windows are down and my engine now sings free!
With my w108 inline six, no resonator meant that there was an annoying "bark" but not true with the V8, and don't worry, it won't sound like a pick up, not with our quad cams and 32 valves under the hood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts