Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin at puttin in a new exhaust system, springs & shocks on my 99 ML430. Doesn't seem to be a lot out there in terms of choices. I would like to lower my truck about 1.5-2" NO MORE. Don't really want the 'slammed' look but something that will fill in the wheel wells when the 20's go on in a few weeks after all the snow and gravel are off the roads [:)] Any recommendations as to what other members have put on and where to buy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys[8D]

·
Registered
98 ML 320, BMW 3 series
130 Posts
I've also been thinking of upgrading the suspension on my ML in the future. You are right, there does not seem to be much available for our trucks.

I found this page on a moderate Eibach setup http://www.4x4abc.com/ML320/ml320_Eibach.html

Keep us in the loop as to what you find.

·
Registered
'01 ML55
972 Posts
GOAT - 2/19/2005 3:51 PM

I'm lookin at puttin in a new exhaust system, springs & shocks on my 99 ML430. Doesn't seem to be a lot out there in terms of choices. I would like to lower my truck about 1.5-2" NO MORE. Don't really want the 'slammed' look but something that will fill in the wheel wells when the 20's go on in a few weeks after all the snow and gravel are off the roads [:)] Any recommendations as to what other members have put on and where to buy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys[8D]
You can certainly do a number of modifications to your ML. There are at least a couple of high quality exhaust systems, (supersprint to name one). Bilstein, H&R springs.....audio, video, nav, body, interior.
Open your wallet, and you can probalbly drain it several times over. Have fun!

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did some callin around to some of my contacts up here in Canada and found out Eibach makes a set for our ML's... U only get 2 front springs which lower your truck 1.5" which is great. The back you have lowered by the control arms and no springs are needed. I'm gettin info on Bilstein shocks and a Superspring dual exhaust today as well. Saw a link on one of the posts on here for the Supersprint exhaust and emailed some people for prices. Will keep you posted. [:)]

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
I think you are mistaken, or were given the wrong info. You do only get 2 springs but they are for the rear. And the front is adjusted by way of torsion bars to match the rears drop.

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MLOffRoad you are right... I emailed the supplier and the sales guy gave me the wrong info... it is indeed for the rear... put in my order today for the springs today... one down. Got a price on the SuperSprint dual exhaust... $1020CDN... does that sound about right? [?]

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
That does sound right ... SUPERSPRINT is pricey but nice IMO. I had it on my M3 back in the day. I'm looking to get it for my ML now once I recoop from spending soo much on other stuff. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts