Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'05 ML350
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, it's time for some exhaust work on my '99 ML320 w/ 140k miles. Looking for some suggestions of what you guys have done.
Are most of you all going with magnaflow cats welded into the existing system? Best source for the cats? What size and input/output diameter should I be looking for?

·
Registered
'05 ML350
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cats are rattling.

Well, not really. My driver's side catalytic converter is rattling. At idle, I cannot rev the engine beyond 4k at which point it begins to stutter/choke, and while driving the car hesitates in a similar manner when I try to drive a little more aggressively. The MAF and fuel pump/filter were replaced just a year ago.

So I'm pretty sure the rest of the exhaust is fine. I imagine the most economical option would be to have cats welded in.

Are you looking to replace the whole exhaust?

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 2007 S550, 2016 E250
3,199 Posts
Had the EXACT same problem. You have a clog in your system. I cut all 4 cats and replaced with 2 hi flows and Magnaflow exhaust. If you do a search there are several threads with part numbers and such. Just DON'T get the camaro exhaust...its one in two out. Opt for a dual in out like OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts