Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, it has been a while, and I have been able to keep up on the issues that have popped up on my 92 300e with the help of this forum, however, I have a new problem that I can't figure out. When I start the car in the morning, or after sitting for a bit, it has a real throaty rumble in the ?exhaust? (Maybe transmission?) however, once I have driven it for a few about 1/2 mile at about 35, it almost seems to shift fromt eh rumbly, throaty sound to the normal sound of the car, and the sound is gone until I let her sit for 6 hours or so. It also MAY be reducing performance when it is happening, not really sure as she isn't normally at the top of her game at 7:00 am...(but really who is?) Also in the last 24 hours, I have had an electirical problem where 1st, the stock radio went from working to E2, and then this morning, the central lock, which worked when I unlocked the car, would not lock the doors ten minutes later. Also as a not the AutoDown on the drivers side window didn't work this morning either, but after a few minutes worked fine. I am hoping the electircal is a fuse issue, from searching maybe #11...
Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Adam

·
W124 Moderator
12,604 Posts
When cold, check the aux air pump as the culprit for the "noise". If you haven't already done so, change every fuse to copper ones. At the very least, "twist" each fuse in it's holder.

Jayare

1 - 2 of 2 Posts