Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Exhaust manifold support post/bracket

599 12
There is a support bar that goes diagonally from the engine block to the underside of the exhaust manifold. Anyone know the part number or name? Can’t find it anywhere. Mine broke.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1989 W124 260E
7,648 Posts
There is a kit for this bracket at the dealers but it might be nla .Comes with bolts to go through the bracket and rubber isolation inserts to stop the noise and vibration .

· Registered
1984 300D
5,795 Posts
This was the description: "There is a support bar that goes diagonally from the engine block to the underside of the exhaust manifold."

That description fits the part pictured. When I tried to look that up, I found the exploded view and the part was there but there were no part numbers for it.

Automotive tire Water Gesture Finger Snout

· Registered
1984 300D
5,795 Posts
So if just a flat plate make one up .
That is up to the OP. Actually the Bar is not flat and where I have the yellow circle it is hard to see but there is a hole there and the tube that goes from the fedaral type oil seperator in the air filter housing to the crankcase the tube has a clamp in the middle that is held by bolt and nut going throug that hole.
So, there is 2 shallow bends and a hole that needs to be drilled in the proper place.

Someone on one of the Mercedes forums has a shot engine they could remove one form, or one could be had at a junk yard. And as I said it may have the part number on it.

· Registered
1989 W124 260E
7,648 Posts
Right like you say ..So you took picture above ? And i looks more than just a plate but more of a support assembly/ I went through the manual ..you might thank me for this later ,,, but i cant find it in here but it will be a big help .https://www.woodsandbarclay.com/

· Registered
1984 300D
5,795 Posts
Right like you say ..So you took picture above ? And i looks more than just a plate but more of a support assembly/ I went through the manual ..you might thank me for this later ,,, but i cant find it in here but it will be a big help .https://www.woodsandbarclay.com/
I took the picture I posted, the one with the yellow circle.

While I am willing to learn things, I usually don't need help as I went to trade school to be a diesel mechanic and did that for 18 years. One of the jobs I had was as a marine machinist in a diesel shop at the Long Beach Shipyard. I also know how to make precision metal items a lot of other things from metal.

Some people that post here do not have the tools nor ability to even make a simple metal strap/support and drill the holes straight and where they are supposed to be.

· Registered
1989 W124 260E
7,648 Posts
Looks like a cranked plate no 47 with a hole each end,, not brain racking work to make one of those . If you are good like you say ,then i am sure your more than capable of knocking one up.Remove the failed one and strengthen it up . ie weld it and plate it , or make a new one .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts