Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month, on my ML 2007 420CDI, the local dealer changed both catalyst (exhaust system).
Since then I get exhaust gases in cockpit when I push the "Recirculate air button".

It's like a hammer; yesterday I had a terrible headache because of this.

On Monday am scheduled for a visit in the shop :(

The smell is not like the exhaust, but more like when you drop some diesel fuel on a hot plate. I hope there are no leaks from the fuel pipers or Webasto (aux heater)

Anyone with this problem ?

·
Where's my auto-leveling?
3,390 Posts
Last month, on my ML 2007 420CDI, the local dealer changed both catalyst (exhaust system).
Since then I get exhaust gases in cockpit when I push the "Recirculate air button".

It's like a hammer; yesterday I had a terrible headache because of this.

On Monday am scheduled for a visit in the shop :(

The smell is not like the exhaust, but more like when you drop some diesel fuel on a hot plate. I hope there are no leaks from the fuel pipers or Webasto (aux heater)

Anyone with this problem ?
A headach could indicate carbon monoxide poisoning. I would keep the windows open, at least partially when you drive it until you get it fixed. It is better to be safe than sorry.

·
Where's my auto-leveling?
3,390 Posts
Ofcourse, but there is no problem as long as I don't hit the recirculate button :(
That is very strange. It almost sounds like they left a hole cover (plug) off somewhere and that is allowing the fumes to enter the cabin when in recirculation mode but when the cabin is pressurized it forces cabin air out the hole which would prevent the fumes from entering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts