Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I got my magnaflow 14805 installed at a local shop.
They charged me $30. And they did a great job i was right there under the car with him deciding how to mount it.
Anyways.
After it was finished i noticed that the engine sound is much better.
Before there was a bit of a clicking sound when trying to speed up.
That sound is now gone.
I also noticed a HP gain, slight but its there.
Not to loud either it's just right.
Very happy.

Sound clips posted later if anyone wants them.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looks very good. Did you cut out the bumper opening? I can't see from the picture.

This muffler is 14" long, isn't it? A bit longer than stock. How did it fit? Is the muffler's inlet in the center or offset? It would be great if you could post more pictures.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tips do stick out a bit but all we did was cut the inlet tube way down.
And the inlet is centered.
Then we cut the pipe at the bend where it would normaly feed to the offset muffler.
Its just a 90 degree peice.
We then welded a extender from the cut to the 90 degree elbow into the muffler.

And no i did not cut the bumper.
The muffler is held in place by a rigid welded hanger from the top to the side of the muffler.

I dont have anymore pictures because i only took those while it was on the rack.
I can take more or draw a diagram.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks awesome!

I am in the market for an exhaust at the moment aswell. Where did you order this one from?

Some sound would be great too, a big part of the decision...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Magnaflow 14805.
Universal muffler.
Many around here use it.
I will try to take sound clips tomorow and a drive by.
Hope it doesnt rain.
=]

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Looks awesome!

I am in the market for an exhaust at the moment aswell. Where did you order this one from?

Some sound would be great too, a big part of the decision...
Drewby, that does look good in there.

I can personally recommend allexhaust.com, fast free shipping and great prices. This particular unit is $176 and they also have the Magnaflow high-flow cats when yours wear out.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to planetmagnaflow or magnaflow planet.
It had a red and black/grey site.
And enter the PROMO CODE: magnaflow and you will get it for 156 i think.

=]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm waiting on a reply from a local guy who's website features Magnaflow products. Might try and get a nice oval tip in stainless, similar shape to the stock one.

That sound file would still be appreciated if you can be bothered...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ITs the same exhaust OJWERKS has.
You can search i think he has some sound clips.
Check youtube.
That sexy deep red with smoked tails is his car.
Best looking SLK EVER!
I tryed the truck idea i had today to get real sounds but it sucked.
Im going to have to rethink that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today i was driving and felt the need to floor it.
Which happens alot to me.
And when i did the only way i can decribe the sound is a cheeta.
Arrrr RAWR!

The sound is a louder low tone growl. Very sexy

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just ordered my Magnaflow 14805 today within Australia. Should have it installed next week sometime.

Can I just confirm that a straight muffler swap is the standard, primarily for the sound?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Today i was driving and felt the need to floor it.
Which happens alot to me.
And when i did the only way i can decribe the sound is a cheeta.
Arrrr RAWR!

The sound is a louder low tone growl. Very sexy
happy u finally got around to install it... its a nice muffler and will last a long time... should get a tad bit louder after a few hundred miles ....

I just ordered my Magnaflow 14805 today within Australia. Should have it installed next week sometime.

Can I just confirm that a straight muffler swap is the standard, primarily for the sound?
yes, just changing the muffler will change the sound.... if you saw my sound clip, remember that mine is a 320 ..so the sound is different... but im sure it will sound good on a 230 as well

·
Registered
413 Posts
I sold my Eisenmann on here for $350 about a month ago. I don't think anything could match the quality of build and sound that the Eisenmann had but I am over modding so it went away. Too bad a SLK guy didnt buy it. A C36 guy did and had it cut up to fit his car...........

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have one of those slk's where the bumpers are black. i have the stock exhaust on there and i'm looking to buy the 14805. i was wondering if this would fit my car without having to cut the bumper to fit this exhaust. this exhaust seems kinda wide and the bumper needs to be cut.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nope sure doesnt
alright cool. i guess i'm sold on the 14805. also just by installing this exhaust makes the car sound deeper right? don't need to change anything else? i really want that deep and loud sound.

i guess i'll be ordering these real soon. on magnaflow's website i looked at authorized dealers and installers, and the shop one block from my house is one of them. so i'm good haha.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts