Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
trying to decide on Exhaust upgrade. Does anyone know if the Remus is any better/worse/same as
- Eisman
- Lorinser
- Kleeman
- SuperSprint
- Calrsson

Eisman claims gains of up to 8hp from the Race version. Not sure how to compare these. [V]

Speaking of which, anyone upgraded the ECU yet?
Was talking to blackbenzz about Speed Tuning vs. Power Chip. Was wondering if anyone has had experience or spoken to anyone about this.

blackbenzz anything new on what we spoke about?

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
All the exhaust systems will pretty much do the same thing. Remus is the cheapest of the bunch and IMO cheapest quality. Supersprint is a nice fully stainless, good fit, but known for being quiet. I have this right now on our CLK55. I have a Kelleners (dual mufflers) which is a basically a rebadged Eisenmann on my BMW M5 and im not impressed in the quality meaning the welds and overall construction for what i paid. You can get a Supersprint much cheaper but if being loud is a must, you probably need the Eisenmann.

Lorinser is nice but overpriced for what it is. Your paying for the Versace of Benz tuner products.

Carlsson and Kleeman I have no personal experience but i would imagine priced close to Lorinser.

I would expect HP gains to be similar no matter what you decide to buy. Usually mfgr power claims are inflated in this industry.

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,288 Posts
When you do your ECU upgrade, let me know if you have any "feelable" gains. I checked and powerchip is 800$ but others are 3-400$

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
ok here's a sleeper that no one mentioned...weltmiester ... a couple of my friends have them and they love the quality and the sound, i listened to them myself and they're not too loud and have a great tone to 'em .. i believe you can get it at performance products

good luck

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gorilla Beast,
Thanks for the detailed info. I figured as much but wanted to get y'alls opinion.

Cheers

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blackbenz,
You had mentioned that you were getting or could get a deal on Speed Tuning. Still the case? How do you like your ECU? Did you ntice difference?

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All,
Thanks for the quick responses

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
I had a group buy going for the chip. 02 clk430 was $250. If you still want in call Oliver at speed tuning usa and tell him you want in on the benz group buy. Yea, I did feel a difference. It was pretty noticeable too.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definately interested. Let me know what I need to do or who I need to call.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks will do that.

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Might want to jump on this deal, check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=7973617565&rd=1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts