Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
UNIMURR Forum | Produkte | Motorbremse 435.115

Here is a link to the one that Franz Murr builds. It is listed for the 435 series
UNIMOG, and it looks like he has it priced @ 600 euros.

Since my trucks came with them, I have not translated any of this- I'm not sure if it is actuated with a foot switch or via some other method.

Since he has "been removed to Cairo", it seems he is selling the stock he has on hand, so you'd have to check on availability. He shows an Exhaust Brake for the 406 series as well

·
Registered
'88 U-1300L, '70 406, '78 406, '78 416 project, '82 406, '57 404, '65 404, '70 404, '68 Haflinger.
1,849 Posts
Here's a 'local' source: - PacBrake - Landing Page

I put a Pacbrake exhaust brake on my Dodge/Cummins and have been pleased with it. Expect $1200 more or less for a complete setup. Mine came off Ebay and was just the brake assembly (much less $). The chances of finding one specific to the mog are remote, but with a few specs like pipe diameter and housing angle requirements there should be something available. Or, just install a straight model in an exhaust pipe.

Bob

What's a good source for exhaust brake for 1300? What would I expect to pay?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Between 2003 and 2006 I drove a 2003 Freightliner Columbia with a Mercedes engine. It got great fuel mileage, 5.9 - 7.2 depending upon the load and road, running in the 17 Western United States and matched with an Eaton Fuller10-speed manual transmission, I could come down a 7% grade in 7th gear, 80,000 and not touch the brakes. You could barely hear the exhaust brake. You would hear a loud "Clack!" of it closing and then the sound like a dentist drill. I passed one of our lowboy drivers and he could not hear the exhaust braking system of my truck as I went by him. Used it in Downtown San Francisco passing a police officer, during the summer when he had his windows down, and he didn't even notice. I love how quiet it was.

I am hoping to get into a truck that quiet again. right now, I am stuck driving loud dump trucks.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts