Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes 300E
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im changing my brakes, to brembo drilled rotors, and im lookin to replace the pads. i want a high performance pad, but with as little brake dust as possible. ive looked into it on the net and found:

EBC GREENSTUFF BRAKE PADS http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html

has anyone herd of these, are they the way to go, or is there something better. i want good stopping power and little brake dust, can anyone think of anything?

also im putting in my car a c36 AMG muffler. im removing my stock resonator and muffler and putting the c36 amg in while im there im goin to change any gaskets that need changing and check all other componets that are in need or replaceing, and ideas on this front.

almost forgot these ebc brakes also come with a little feature for european car that have the brake sensor built in the pads like mercedes and bmw, so you can still use the original cars pad sensor system. first time i herd of this, is this commonplace for performace pads?

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
You might get more and better feedback if you post this on the Tire, Brake, etc. forum.

·
Registered
01 SLK320; 95 E420
64 Posts
Upon recommendation of others on this site, I went with Porterfield pads on my R170. I'm very happy with performance and lack of dust. Using Zimmermann drilled rotors.

BTW, using a wheel wax such a poorboys will make clean-up of brake dust a snap.

·
1991 500SEC Euro, 1987 560SEC Federal
5,533 Posts
Hi there,

The EBC GREENSTUFF BRAKE PADS will do what they advertise, in short, you'll be very pleased with them..

Cheers, MBL

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes 300E
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MBL87560SEC said:
Hi there,

The EBC GREENSTUFF BRAKE PADS will do what they advertise, in short, you'll be very pleased with them..

Cheers, MBL

ive herd the pads wear out fast and still have alot of brake dust, as well as warping rotors at times, is this true?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used a set on my Audi A6 and they are excellent brake pads. I'm currently using EBC Red Stuff (ceramic formula) and they are also very good. I can't speak to whether they spew a lot of brake dust, and frankly, that's the least important aspect of the brake pads. They ALL make dust to some extent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts