Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2003 vito traveliner 110cdi, exhaust gone next to cat after a couple of welds. been quoted stainless wihtout cat as mate has a 2003 VW t4 with similar and been o.k. with MOT. conflicting reports but as full system replacement which I need so expensive cheaper to go stainless without cat. When I mot'd last time mentioned exhaust and they said 'probably o.k. without cat' but could do with other opinions. help appreciated.

cheers
mark

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know enough about Vitos and MOT to comment accurately, but as for removing the cat in newer vehicles, check carefully that there are no sensors downstream of the cat.

·
Registered
v220 ambiente
197 Posts
Hi
I am fairly certain Mot on diesels is only for smoke so it doesn't matter about cat for this. The early vans did not come with cats whereas the V class all did from the beginning.
G

·
Registered
Vito 112CDI
147 Posts
De-catted my 112CDI - no probs with MOT...

Go for a 'custom' exhaust with someone like LONGLIFE - well worth the money, lifetime guarantee, have a sporty grunt and a bit of extra va-vroom (especially when de-catted)!

FUZZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks all, just rec'd this info so hopefully will help others

A catalyst is not a legal or MOT requirement on any diesel engine so it would pass the MOT without one and have no bearing on it at all . some later diesel vehicle are what is known as "clean Burn" . these vehicles are fitted with Diesel particulate filters and have nearly zero emissions , if you have one of these vehicles (normally around 2007 2008 and 2009 it could be a grey area as these veheicle get reduced road tax

:):):) steel for me then and money in the bank to boot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts