Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently noticed some alarming wear on the drivers seat. It looks as if it has come from getting in and out, and the marks are at shoulder height, and also at waist height on the side bolster. The colour seems to come off very easily.

I'm going to take it to the dealer next week, and I was just wondering what people make of it. Is it a manufacturing issue? Before you ask, I'm always extremely careful getting in and out, always lowering myself gradually into the car, and I never have any pins, hooks, chains or the like dangling from my clothes!

Attachments

·
Registered
BMW
900 Posts
I'm afraid I've had this on quite a few cars in the past, with anything other than very light coloured leather, where it doesn't show up. It's often caused by rough fabric such as denim. It can be very difficult to avoid, especially when getting into the car in a confined space. I have a similar issue right now when getting into my E class, I can feel that I sometimes touch the side of the seat half way up the side bolster when getting in. Luckily, because the leather is light, there aren't any unsightly marks. Have you tried using a good quality leather cleaner? It might just be on the surface, and it might come off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts