Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After repainting and re-installing generator. It is not outputting any voltage. There are 2 connections (other the the main output to battery) D+ and W.

D+ (sensing) needs output from CB 10.

'W' connection wires to the Tacho. It appears that the tacho needs the square wave output from the generator to sense engine speed. Tacho works ok, so I can only assume part of the generator is working?.

Not sure where the alternator warning light is connected to, has a 'x' on the diagram?

There is a suppression capacitor somewhere?

I wondering if I have a connection off somewhere, but cannot think what?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi MagMog. Thanks for the reply. Are you saying it's earthed via the casing clamp bands, because I epoxy painted those as well?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All sorted. It actually works, but does not come in until about 1000 RPM. I was sitting at idle (about 600 RPM).

I still have no idea how its earthed.

I still don't know how people get the tacho to work again, if they change it to an alternator?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding the Tacho operation: I was looking at the incorrect circuit diagram in G 602. I should have been using G 603.
G 603 shows a separate pulse generator, and not driven off the generator (as was shown on the G 602 diagram). Sorry to confuse anyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts