Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Erik,

If I remember correctly, you moved your rear window switches to get them out from underneath the cup holder. That's something I'd like to do, too.

To raise the center console, what was involved? I know that there's a Philips head screw located under the TC shift lever boot. Are there more fasteners that need to be loosened?

Also, was it necessary to remove the gear shift selector knob?

TIA for your help. [:)]

·
Registered
96 G300DT
1,988 Posts
I'm not Erik, but I'll reply anyway. There is only one screw. It is accessed by pulling up on the leather TC lever surround. The screw points forward and is a little off center to the right of the hole. It recall being able to see it without too much mirror work. You also have to pry up the plastic ring that surrounds the transmission shift lever. At that point the wood slides back and up.

·
Registered
1993 500GE
107 Posts
Dutch,

I had to raise mine to replace a window switch. If I remember correct, I also had screws under the front ash tray and behind the rear ash tray. Small philips head.

Alex.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
I can't actually remember exactly what i did at this point, though i suspect i wrote it in a previous post. I remember attaching a picture of how it looked but what i did... it's fadding. I do remember it was a surprisingly simple job, so probably just removing the screw as you described in the t-case shifter boot, and maybe pulling up the surround on the gear shifter is all i did.

I know i didn't have to mess with the gear shifter itself. Maybe a 15 minute job from start to finish... probably a 5-10 minute job after you've done it once.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts