2000 SL 500 Sport
535 Posts
Interesting, the plot thickens!!

·
Registered
2005 CLK 250
1 Posts
Thankfull

Great Post, thank's a lot, I really mean it.

Currently I'm reading a lot about EIS, ESL and RCL, cause my Car's Battery suddenly died and I when I changed it with a new one, my nightmare began, the first think RCL didn't worked, then I put my Key Fob into the EIS and guess what, Nothing...... The ESL sometimes unlocked, but the Key couldn't turn in any position! :( :(
The good side is I figured out why, that's what counts and learned how the DAS system works, there where some Terms I didn't knew.
thanks to your Post that explained all the stuff that was missing clearly and Covered everything I was Looking for to learn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My problem is when it gets cold it takes a while for the key to autherise I’m thinking it’s coil in ignition. What’s cheapest way to fix? Can the das system be disabled? Hoping it’s not the ecm when it gets cold

·
Registered
1993 600sl. 1996 S600 coupe. Countless SL's
23 Posts
Has anyone ever found a solution to the suspect DAS? or found a way to have successful keys made? that actually work? of maybe a bypass? or retrofit system? I am out of keys.

·
Registered
2002 ml55
263 Posts
THREAD RESSURRECT

Just came across this post and thought it was very informative, @rudeney ...Incidentally, can anyone point me in the direction of where to find / get information about coding, setting different parameters, or type of coding that can be done (not necessarily key-related) ?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts