Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used Zaino on my car since I got it and it is true it looks absolutely great. However I have found one downside. Every time I come to my car it has loads of flies sitting on it. They seem to love it. I'm not sure if it's the smell/taste of Zaino or the shinnyness of the paint. I used AutoGlym on my girlfriends TT to compare with which is also silver. If you put the two side by side 10 seconds later all of the flies land on mine. I'm starting to think they think it's water?

Shame it hasn't had the same effect with women [:(]

Attachments

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
sagey - 5/12/2005 5:27 PM

Every time I come to my car it has loads of flies sitting on it. They seem to love it. I'm not sure if it's the smell/taste of Zaino or the shinnyness of the paint.
Flies like it 'cause this car's the sheeyyiit!

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT
294 Posts
No fly problem here after 9 coats of Zaino. It's the finger prints that show up so well on the shine that drive me crazy.

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
Flies love the silver not the polish my last 3 cars have been silver give them 2 mins and they cover the car.

gary

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
Snowball - 5/13/2005 9:19 AM

Try P21S. Same shine without the flies
Not the same at all. P21S is an excellent Carnauba based wax but it is still just a wax. While it will provide a super shine, it will not last nor can you build the depth that multi coats (layers) of Zaino will.

I have heard of some people "sandwiching" P21S wax between layers of Zaino to get the best of both. The only problem is that wax yellows over time and you must strip off the Zaino to remove the old yellow wax about twice a year.

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
Julien - 5/13/2005 9:48 AM

Not the same at all. P21S is an excellent Carnauba based wax but it is still just a wax. While it will provide a super shine, it will not last nor can you build the depth that multi coats (layers) of Zaino will.

I have heard of some people "sandwiching" P21S wax between layers of Zaino to get the best of both. The only problem is that wax yellows over time and you must strip off the Zaino to remove the old yellow wax about twice a year.
The sandwiching thing does not sound like a good idea. I have been suing P21S for 3 years now and it last better than anything else I have used. Watre beeds for about three months. Granted i have not used Zaino

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
sagey - 5/13/2005 10:27 PM

I have used Zaino on my car since I got it and it is true it looks absolutely great. [:(]
Hi Sagey, where do you get Zaino from in the UK, and is it that much better than Autoglymm products??

·
Registered
SLK 350
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woolly, I got it from www.advancedcarproducts.com

No hassles, good quick service.

I got the Z2 with ZFX and Z6. Already had a whole load of other stuff from Autoglym so thats all I needed.

It really does look nice, not sure on a silver car that you can really tell the difference from Autoglym. Personally I think it is more shinier. I think if my car were metallic red it would look much more impressive.

I had never heard of a clay bar before this forum and they really do work well. I couldn't believe how even a new car had so much crud on it, even after a wash. Definitely get one of those too.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
rickboy - 5/14/2005 5:18 AM

I have a red one (Mars red) and it (Zaino) looks really fantastic. Not sure about on silver or other colors.
I have a red one too - which specific zaino product do you use?

roadsta

·
Registered
SLK55
24 Posts
Hi Roadsta,

I have always used Meguiars products but due to the rave reports of Zaino in this group I am planning on getting some Zaino products prior to my car arriving late August, do you know of anywhere in OZ to get them or are you buying from UK?

Anthony.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts