Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1986 Mercedes E190
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought My 1986 190e series, it has been a fantastic and smooth ride. I had ev...

Ever since I bought My 1986 190e series, it has been a fantastic and smooth ride. I had everything under the hood of the engine flushed ie,brake fluid, radiator, fluid, power steering fluid and replaced with new ones.

I noticed when I first purchased my merc that when the car was warm or hot and i would put it frm Park to Reverse it would jerk very rough. From Reverse to Drive, slight jerking. However, in the morning when the car is cold and I do the same it seems to be ok.

I had transmission service done hoping that might be the problem, but did not solve the problem. Any ideas or advice would greatly be appreciated.

My Merc

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
Never overlook the "power of coincidence" and consider that the "clunk" may not have anyth...

Never overlook the "power of coincidence" and consider that the "clunk" may not have anything to do with ambient temp. I would suggest having the motor, trans and rear subframe mounts checked, as well as the flex discs on either end of the drive shaft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.