Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,<br>I am considering buying a 280CE, and would like to know:<br>What problems the car might be suceptible to.<br>What pros people have to say about it.<br>What cons (horse-power might be a concern).<p>Thanks in advance.<br>Laurent.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 280 as well. Okay here goes nothing,<br>any car this age will be susceptible to different problems although most of them are regular wear and tear items such as the belts, alternator (sometimes), fuel pump, brakes. Those are the most common ones. Besides that, the car is pretty good. Ofcourse the paint might be bad, the seats might be torn or worn out due to age.<p>HP wise, if it's in good condition and is maintened well, can shock you. It's actually pretty good. The power is there when you call for it. Just don't expect it to do 0-60 in 5 seconds ).<p>Good luck and if you need anything else, I lurk on this board every now and then.<p>Texas280<p>: Hello all,<br>I am considering buying a 280CE, and would like to know:<br>What problems the car might be suceptible to.<br>What pros people have to say about it.<br>What cons (horse-power might be a concern).<p>Thanks in advance.<br>Laurent.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I am considering a 280ce that is in great shape but I heard the emissions standards have changed in some areas in texas. I live in austin. It looks like it has too much of some gas that just goes over the newly changed standars. Have you dealt with this at all? The car does not have a cat converter but the mechanic cannot be absolutely sure that if installed it will be enough. I love this car but I don't want an emmisions nightmare. Can anyone Help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.