Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between European and US C43 suspensions? I've noticed talk of spring pads on these boards...are there just pads/spacers that make the US cars sit higher? If so, what is a good source for European spec pads? And/or are the springs different? I'm not looking for any aftermarket products to lower my car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
your local MBZ dealer sells it. i think the thinnest is 8mm. im not sure. they r like 10 bux a piece?<p><br>: What is the difference between European and US C43 suspensions? I've noticed talk of spring pads on these boards...are there just pads/spacers that make the US cars sit higher? If so, what is a good source for European spec pads? And/or are the springs different? I'm not looking for any aftermarket products to lower my car. <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: What is the difference between European and US C43 suspensions? I've noticed talk of spring pads on these boards...are there just pads/spacers that make the US cars sit higher? If so, what is a good source for European spec pads? And/or are the springs different? I'm not looking for any aftermarket products to lower my car.<br>Mercedes has got pads/spacers between the springs & the car-body. These pads are rubber spacers and they are available in different thicknesses starting from 8mm/13mm/18mm/23mm and maybe more. The springs themselves are available in different stiffnesses. The height and thickness of these springs can vary. The cars in europe are definitly lower as the cars in the US. If you want me to I can look for the european part#. <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: your local MBZ dealer sells it. i think the thinnest is 8mm. im not sure. they r like 10 bux a piece?<p><br>: What is the difference between European and US C43 suspensions? I've noticed talk of spring pads on these boards...are there just pads/spacers that make the US cars sit higher? If so, what is a good source for European spec pads? And/or are the springs different? I'm not looking for any aftermarket products to lower my car. <p><br>They make a 5mm pad now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
: : your local MBZ dealer sells it. i think the thinnest is 8mm. im not sure. they r like 10 bux a piece?<p><br>: What is the difference between European and US C43 suspensions? I've noticed talk of spring pads on these boards...are there just pads/spacers that make the US cars sit higher? If so, what is a good source for European spec pads? And/or are the springs different? I'm not looking for any aftermarket products to lower my car. <p><br>They make a 5mm pad now. <p>The euro suspension is far different from the us!!!!<br>the euro has different springs shocks and sway bars as well as bushings fyi I only know because my friend has it on his c36 less the sway bars because amg didn't change those on the us versions. I am getting the kit form cec in beverly hills. Amg masters!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts