Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
e430
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys?
I recently had a euro navigation with tv tuner installed in my 1998 e430 its incredible. first i priced out one of those alpine flip out radio's with navigation and cd changer and then i looked into the mercedes factory navigation system and it worked out a little cheaper and 10 times better. with the mercedes comand you cant lose, if you sell your car later you'll get more money rather then lose money with a japanese aftermarket radio.....all my stuff is mercedes stock(except for the Blaupunkt DVD player) and so perfectly intergrated thanks to steve! hes the man. you guys hear on the forum that steve is a good guy and all that stuff buy you gota meet him and then you'll understand why everyone says that >>>you'll say the same. he returned all my e-mails, answered all my questions, he knows his shyt. a real hard working guy [email protected]...i ordered a comand from AUDIOCOMP, rainer is cool if you dont mind waiting 4 months for a navigation unit to come to your house, im not exagerrating 16 weeks for an order to arrive after you send payment. i even e-mailed that NY company in brooklyn that does the TV for your cars, they are over priced for no reason, and they return your e-mails if they feel like it. thats just my opinion..
steve installed my euro navigation with GPS antenna, tv tuner with its antenna's, a 6 disk mercedes fiber optic CD changer, a dvd player and helped me install a hard wire car kit for my nextel i95cl with the phone cradle. we hooked up a mercedes button on the dash that when i hit it i can walkie talkie with my friends or just pick up and hang up phone calls, all hands free. i could of hooked up the mercedes phone but i had my nextel number for about 5 years and didnt want to lose it. he hooked up the COMAND with a switch that when i hit it i can watch TV while im driving. (as a safety feature the TV turns off when the car is moving, he by-passed that).
steve also hooked me up with the new blinker mirrors that are power folding and still heated. i hit a button and they fold in.
well i just wanted to give you guys a heads up if your planning on changing the factory radio. the COMAND install is so clean, everything just plugs in, no cutting and splicing wires with black electric tape over here. contact steve and see whens the next time he comes to the U.S. and hook up with him for the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ML430, 2012 ML350
672 Posts
Couldn't agree more.........

with you. Steve put a comand in my ML in April. I am very pleased. Even after the install when I have emailed him I always got a fast reply. The big plus it this start up screen.
[8D]

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Couldn't agree more.........

The big plus it this start up screen.
hehehe [:I]

Hus, good to hear that everything worked out after all...it was nice meeting you and I must admit that one night without sleep made my flight to california short :D ...

greetingz,

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
Did you have to change much on the center console to put the Command in? I was going to s...

Did you have to change much on the center console to put the Command in? I was going to see if it's possible to do the same on my coupe, but with all the switches and climate control, I dropped the idea. BTW, yours look nice but kind of low to look at, is it?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: Did you have to change much on the center console to put the Command in? I was going

Did you have to change much on the center console to put the Command in? I was going to see if it's possible to do the same on my coupe, but with all the switches and climate control, I dropped the idea. BTW, yours look nice but kind of low to look at, is it?
He only had to buy the correct parts (which Steve suppled) since his chassis (W210) was available with COMAND from the factory.

-s-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts