• Price Looks Scary

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
W220, S430 LWB, 2000, 147.000 km
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warmest greetings to every Mercedes-Benz enthusiast.

What I'm about to ask Is your opinion on the product available in country I currently reside due to business reasons.

Back in the USA I had a "Prestige" chrome license plate frame with glass that looked and protected the plates perfectly. But finding an exact same frame for euro standard license plates was very very hard.

Untill I came across Russia's defense department license plate frames. Frames that are used on federal vehicles and vehicles transporting president and their securities only. These frames are made of durable polished stainless steel (looks like chrome). I got these for 100 Euros. There is an option to have these frames with bullet proof glass protecting the license plates from any debris but I skipped since the price tag is 150 Euros.

I was curious if this rare product is in demand in Europe. I have a direct channel with department of defense and president security garages that can sell these in bulk. Before offering it to the public and making / maintaining / advertising this product on the web sites I wanted to hear your opinion.

1. How you like them and would you buy one for yourself?
2. Your reasonable price for the frames of this sort?

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
I have a heavy US plate frame on my car, which is BrightSilver, and it looks great! I think that frame would look good on black but even better on silver... IMO

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I do not use a rear plate frame but I bought one to protect my Mercedes star emblem front plate. It seems to me that the long eupopean-style plates would be easily bent and would soon look very bad if there was no frame to prevent that.

·
Registered
'90 560SEL
2,551 Posts
I voted ugly simply because of the the squared corners which gives them a hard appearance.
They would have more general appeal (in my opinion) if the corners were rounded. They may appeal to Hummer owners - maybe even Mercedes G owners. Try forums for both and see how their opinions fly.

edit to clarify: Both the Mercedes G and Hummer are more square shaped - the reason these surrounds may suit vs more rounded shape cars

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
It's possible that there might be a market for these in Europe, as long as you are sure the European plates are all the same size, the cost is reasonable and the license frames won't rust...the bulletproof feature is of little value, and I think these frames, especially in front, could get damaged by other cars while trying to park.

My car has the US license plates, which are a different size, and I am happy with the license plate frames supplied by the original selling dealer with the city and dealer's name on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts