Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--Yet another thread about them. Sorry.

I want to replace the US headlights on my 190E. Finding nice used original Bosch ones doesn't seem as easy for the W201 as it was for the W126, W116 and R107s I have had previously. I am almost tempted to try those Depo brand lights I see on eBay. They are the ones that look like the original lights. Has anyone here seen them in person or installed them? Are they "cheezy?"

I do have a budget at the moment that should allow for an average set of used Bosch originals or the clean new Depos.

Does anyone have any good Euro lights for sale?

Colin

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I believe there are numerous threads about the respective pros and cons of Depo, TYC, Bosch, and Hella. There is a reason for the price difference, but they all fit and provide the same appearance upgrade, since Depo and TYC are "OEM-like" for fit since they provide cheaper replacement parts to the auto repair industry.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have the TYC brand euros too and they work perfectly fine for me. No issues with installing them either.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
tycs are better then depos

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
There have been reports that some of the replacements don't have functioning vaccum level adjusters.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i have DEPO's and have absolutely no complaints. best money i ever spent and makes the front of ur car that much better. also if u already havnt paint ur grill instert black or get the s600 insert

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
the depos are crap compared to the tycs the strip that holds the weather strip tends to break( bad mold.) see if hamada can hook you up with a set.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is a good source for the TYCs? Does Hamada have some for sale? A Google search doesn't turn any up online.

Colin

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Katmac sells a complete TYC Euro conversion kit for $250. Only problem is they're sold out right now. You'll have to ask him when he'll get more in stock.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
katmac has euros not always tyc i bought it from them and they were depos. i was disappointed when they broke before installing onto the car. if i could do it over i would get bosch or hellas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts