Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
W245 B-Class 180 CDI
263 Posts
Almost all taxi's are that colour. It's called Elfenbeinweiss (Elf Bone White) If I'm correct. Some cars are painted that way and others use adhesives to cover the entire car.

The taxi options list for the B also includes a real sparewheel, and a backseat cover made of fake leather (skay ?).

We don't wear helmets when riding bikes in Europe. Most cities have separate bikelanes. And bikes are protected by law as being weaker traffic participants.
Helmets would also mess up our cool european hair....

Almost all taxi's are Diesels. Diesel fuel is cheaper in Europe then Petrol.

The REST function on the thermtronic that uses the heat of the engineblock to heat the interior without the engine running is designed with taxi's in mind. The driver can heat the car and turn off the engine.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Are most of the taxis the 180 CDI type?
Every one I saw was debadged, but from the racket, they were obviously diesels. Probably 180s.

·
Registered
B200 T 2007 Gone, Discovery Sport 2016
1,581 Posts
deheld

Here in Canada most people have decals on their cars to show how many cyclists they have hit.:bash::bash:

Dog eat dog for anyone on a bike. I'm sure that DEVOURS would never go out without a helmet and even kids on trikes wear them.

Bill

·
Registered
C 230 2008 7 Speed, Silver
379 Posts
My question is are the taxis mostly D170 or D180 or D200 models?

For the record: Elfenbein = Ivory. Therefore the color would be Ivory White. :)

PS. Anyone who wants to debadge their B can do so in about 5 minutes. You need about 50 cm / 2 ft of dental floss and a good pair of leather gloves. Use the dental floss like a saw to cut through the sticky backed adhesive behind the badge. Don't cut or scratch the clear coat paint. Use the gloves to ensure you only remove the badge - not your fingers. Any remaining adhesive residue is easily wiped off. Degree of difficulty, on a scale of 5, is 1.0.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There is no 170 CDI, only the 180 CDI and 200 CDI.

Most diesels I saw in France and Germany that were not debadged were the lower-priced B 180 version.

·
Registered
'89 E300, '06 B200, '15 VW Tiguan
377 Posts
Fabulous write-up Mike. Much appreciated. I'm going to Germany/France/Italy this August and gratefully took notice of some of the places you pointed out. I was last in Stuttgart in 2005 and it seems to me the museum looks a bit different judging by some of your pictures. Is it my imagination?

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It is new, opened in 2007 I think!

If in S. France I would highly recommend Carcassonne!

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That sounds more humane than "Elf Bones" anyway ;)

What has heppened to all B drivers this weekend? There's no-one here but me and you, deheld.

Actually - in the recent sunny weather - I have been driving the smart a lot. With the top down, it is quite a joy.

·
Registered
W245 B-Class 180 CDI
263 Posts
Funny, and I can't wait to spend my vacation time in the USA and Canada :)
We should trade sometimes. We're driving the same cars anyways....

·
Benzworld Staff
Night Crew......2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
10,809 Posts
Dennis,
Trading homes is a very popular concept now and should be explored further.
It's interesting to see how they filled in the bay to build your home.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts