Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has photos of thier euro wiper motor brackets installed on a C126. I tried to install a set that I purchased and ran into fitment issues. On top of that it started to rain I don't have a garage to work in so I put everything back together. I have an 89 GenII SEC and wondering if the brackets were from a Gen I and maybe a bit different. Anyway, I will give it another try this weekend. Thanks in advance!!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,088 Posts
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has photos of thier euro wiper motor brackets installed on a C126. I tried to install a set that I purchased and ran into fitment issues. On top of that it started to rain I don't have a garage to work in so I put everything back together. I have an 89 GenII SEC and wondering if the brackets were from a Gen I and maybe a bit different. Anyway, I will give it another try this weekend. Thanks in advance!!!

Mike
Mike,

What exactly was your issue?

It's been a few years since I installed mine, but I still remember how relieved I was by how easily they installed.

It sounds like some of your parts are not matching.

The wiper motors are attached to the Euro headlamps and you need the valence panels with the holes in the right place to make it work. If those parts are OK, it's just a matter of lining up the arms properly and tighten everything up.

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Axel,

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the euro wipers, motor with brackets and valences. I was able to mount the right side motor to my euro headlight but when I tried to bolt the bracket to the SEC's frame where my US motor bracket was bolted to, it thru the alignment way off. Maybe I don't bolt the motor bracket to the frame and just bolt them to the bottom off the headlight assembly. It just seems strange not to bolt it to the frame since that's how the US brackets are installed.

Mike

·
Registered
too many
2,134 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys,

Thanks, this really helps!!!!!! I will try it again this weekend.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Mike - If you have any problems, PM me. I am local (Relatively) and I have my shop set up now and most of my parts sorted. If you need help, LMK.

MC

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike - If you have any problems, PM me. I am local (Relatively) and I have my shop set up now and most of my parts sorted. If you need help, LMK.

MC
Mike,

Thanks for the offer! I have a better idea of what needs to be done so I think I will be ok. I was able to get the whole package i.e. euro motors/brackets, valences and wiper arms. I was going to email you regarding your motors but you beat me to the punch. I also have Tri Y's and downpipes just need to install them. Things are starting to come together.

Talk to you soon,
Mike

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the euro wiper motors and arms installed. I got lucky that the valences and wiper arms were black. First picture are the euro lights with US wiper motors and valences. Photo two and three is euro wiper/headlight setup.

Thanks again everyone for the installation tips.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 300SD,2002 ML500,(MBCA Member)
961 Posts
Finally got the euro wiper motors and arms installed. I got lucky that the valences and wiper arms were black. First picture are the euro lights with US wiper motors and valences. Photo two and three is euro wiper/headlight setup.

Thanks again everyone for the installation tips.

Mike
Mike,
The Euro wiper arms look beautiful.

Good job

Soma

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,679 Posts
perhaps the brackets were from a sedan?

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
perhaps the brackets were from a sedan?
Firewater,
That's what I'm thinking. The wipers motors are just bolted to the bottom of the headlights for now. I will complete the install with different brackets.

48hp,

Thanks!!!!

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts