Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i'm trying to purchase the correct fuel pump relay for a 1984 Euro-Spec 280E that is two states over, making this an internet only search. i'm flying to her and picking her up and want to have some parts on hand for the 10 hour drive home.

first, i need to know where this thing is. i've owned a US market '78 280CE that had a flat black box above the drivers wheel in the engine compartment that held five relays, including the fuel pump relay, which had 5 pins. each relay was a silver colored ice-cube style relay.

this isn't so in this car. i've attached pictures of the engine bay with a circle around where i think the relay lives. based on the shape of the box, i assume the relay is the black colored "taller" ice cube relay, with 6 pins, as listed at partsgeek and rock auto and autohauz.

however, phil from peachparts quoted me from his EPC that the fuel pump relay i'm looking for is the same as the one i bought for my 280CE, small silver ice cube with 5 pins. is this possible?

any help?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same issue with my 83 euro 280e. Couldnt get the exact same relay here in the US. I went with what the dealer had for an 81 US 280E and it works fine. What you really want your relay to do is to shut off the pump in the event of a crash - or when the engine stops...for obvious safety reasons. I was told by the dealer, the US relay would accomplish this. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts