Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1975 450SEL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1975 450SEL. I was told it is the Euro model (not US). I have tried to use the VIN decoders on the internet but I don't have but 14 characters in my VIN#. The decoders need 17 characters. Is there somewhere I can get this code deciphered?
Everything I have read says this car is fuel injected but mine is carbuerated. I have also noticed some differences in accessories on this model. I would like to find a shop manual for this car but I need to know exactly what I have first.

·
Registered
1975 450SEL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
450SEL Euro Model

I guess I jumped the gun with my assumption. The doctor I bought the car from obviously does not know the difference between a carb and EFI. When I talked to the seller over the phone he insisted that the car had a carb and old style ignition system. When I got the car home I popped the hood and looked for myself. Sure enough, it has the EFI equipped 4.5 engine that is correct for the model.

I hope he is not a surgeon (mixing up vital parts like that)!

I will post another reply with the VIN later and see what you can do with it. I still have some questions about features this car has that differ from the owners manual that came with the car.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts