Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Black G500
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the stock Command System and have installed the Mercedes Benz Audio 10 CD found in Europe (not USA). The unit works perfectly for approxiately 25 seconds then stops working with the letters "PROD" displayed. If I power down the unit and then turn it back on the process repeats. Would this be something involving a product code?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated! [:D]

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
PROD display

The unit thinks it has been stolen. It must be sent to Becker to be unlocked. When you get it back, make sure all electrical connections are made before applying power to the unit.

I happen to have an Audio 10 two feet from me with the same problem. It was properly installed and still showed PROD. It was purchased by someone else on the German e-bay site. It arrived damaged and he sent it the Becker in Germany to be repaired. While waiting for it, he bought another one. When it was returned, he sold it to me without opening the package. Instead of sending it back, I'm going to eat the cost and get a Euro COMAND instead.

·
Registered
2002 Black G500
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2002 G500 Command System available!

I have my stock Command System from a 2002 G500 (USA) available if you are interested.
Thanks for the info!
Chris

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Hmm, that 463 COMAND will be a hard sell... Lynn has a W203 (and the 463 COMAND does not w...

Hmm, that 463 COMAND will be a hard sell... Lynn has a W203 (and the 463 COMAND does not work properly in the W203). And, all the US-spec 463 models (2002-2003) include COMAND. You might want to hold on to it as a backup?

-s-

·
Registered
28 Posts
i know what prod means

it is not locked what you have to do is take it to the mb dealer and they have to stick the star diagnoses machine on it and it has to be version coded once it is coded to the right car it will work perfect they should do it for free because it takes 5 minutes put all the correct settings in and it will work trust me email me with any questions how much do you want for your comand let me know thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts