Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1988 190D 2.5, 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo, 1998 Lexus LX470, 1986 Honda VFR700
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to install the Euro Lights (Bosch) I picked up. Heard a rattle in one and took it apart to find the issue. Found busted plastic clips that secure the main light in the light housing.

Basically, there is a plastic surround piece (Gray in color) that the reflective light housing snaps into that has at least 3 locking tabs on what is left of the piece I have (Possibly 4, not sure as the light housing has 4 similar potential mount locations). The lighting positioning/adjustments are connected to the piece, but were easily removed. Therefore, I assume and hope it is a replaceable part.

There is no part number stamped on the piece anywhere. Trying to avoid the useless "we don't know and can't find the part" dance at the local dealership.

Does anyone know the part number???

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
There are no part numbers for it, cause you can not buy that as a separate part....they only sell the complete assembly.

Make your own, use electrical house wiring...strip off all the plastic (plastic melts) till you have just the bare copper wire. Make hook at each end, flexible...but very strong. You need two, one for each side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts