Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about buying some used North American style headlights with wiper units on eBay, and putting the wipers on a euro set. Anyone ever tried this? Is this even possible?

n0alpha

·
Registered
190E, 993
552 Posts
The NorthAmeircan wiper motors attach differently then Euro wiper motors. The NA motors use a single ring nut, where as the Euro motors attach by sliding into a pocket (already on the headlamp assembly) and also by 2 screws. You can always try though. You also could probably find someone selling their NA headlamp wiper motors/arms from when they upgraded to Euro units.

·
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm....thanks for the insight Pawsh. Any idea where I can buy a set of Euro headlights with Euro wipers? Used is good if that's all that's available, but brand new is cool too.

·
Registered
190E, 993
552 Posts
You rarely see them as an entire package on eBay (headlamp assemblies with wiper motors/arms), but you do see them seperate from each other.

What are you looking to spend on new pair of Euro wiper motor/arms?

·
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I don't have much of an idea how much a Euro set with Euro wipers would cost, so I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
95 C280
5 Posts
try ebay, but don't get any from the UK or any other country with RHD cars because the cutoff will be backwards and you will be blinding oncoming traffic...

·
Registered
190E, 993
552 Posts
n0alpha - 3/19/2005 10:25 AM

Well, I don't have much of an idea how much a Euro set with Euro wipers would cost, so I'm curious to know.
The reason I ask, is because I have a set of New Euro motors, but I couldn't go any lower than $100US (thats how much I purchased them off eBay of U.K. for). Though you can definitely get them cheaper in Used condition and probably New as well if you look around, its just a matter of finding someone willing to ship them to you from abroad. Here's a place in U.K. who "breaks" Mercedes auto: http://www.thegarageuk.com/profile.htm they might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
190E, 993
552 Posts
vas2vas - 3/19/2005 10:37 PM

try ebay, but don't get any from the UK or any other country with RHD cars because the cutoff will be backwards and you will be blinding oncoming traffic...
You could always just change the fluted glass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts