Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have a 66" 220 4dr fintail, and was looking into getting the European headlights. (the Duel headlights, I currently have the single headlight setup,
and I was wondering if i get the fenders and duel headlights will these directly bolt up?. Or does it need to be modified to fit or work?, also these lights came off a 67" 280.

thanks in advance for your help

Clay...

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
It is unclear what you mean by "euro" headlights.

The "66 220SE, high level fintail if it has American headlights would actually have quad headlights, 2 stacked on each side.

The low level cars, like the diesels, had single headlights. (Is this what you have?)

The Euro light set up for this car could have the big bubble headlight covers on them.

What does your car have, and what exactly do you seek?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Headlights?

I just bought a new old stock unit($400 ) on ebay, but if you want those dual headlight units look on US ebay.If you want the single glass headlight units look on german ebay.You need to get the entire headlight assembly ,not just the covers or fronts .The plug looms are all the same regardless of the market where the car was sold new.
On German ebay look for ' heckflosse sheinwerfer'.
eBay: Mercedes Benz Scheinwerfer Pagode,S-Klasse,Heckflosse (Artikel 230123413624 endet 05.05.07 20:34:39 MESZ)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sorry if I was not clear, my car is a 1966 230 fintail, single bubble light.

Question is that i want to convert my car to the European lights
and was wondering if this would be a direct bolt on setup, if I were to run the European fenders and lights
thanks again

Clay

·
Registered
747 Posts
Only the headlight units are different.There are two basic types.ALL european 4 and 6 cylinder cars had the large single glass headlight( except the diesel and 4 cyl, cars which had one single sealed beam unit) .The V8's only had the 2( dual ) headlight unit common in the USA.
Fenders,bumpers,wiring looms are ALL the same.There no different ones .
USA and all v8 headlight

European headlight.

4 cyl car headlight ,which WILL NOT FIT neither will the fenders as they are 100 mm shorter.

·
Registered
747 Posts
shizer said:
Hi,I have a 66" 220 4dr fintail, and was looking into getting the European headlights. (the Duel headlights, I currently have the single headlight setup,
and I was wondering if i get the fenders and duel headlights will these directly bolt up?. Or does it need to be modified to fit or work?, also these lights came off a 67" 280.

thanks in advance for your help

Clay...
67 280? W108 chassis or W114? .w114 will never fit.as they are a totally different car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts