Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1989 300SE (Rear Ended & Junked) 1995 E420, Fully Loaded with Ortho Seats & Rear Sun Shade :)
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody please give me the part #? I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

·
Registered
1989 300SE (Rear Ended & Junked) 1995 E420, Fully Loaded with Ortho Seats & Rear Sun Shade :)
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
1990 Euro 560SEL
433 Posts
Hi

Thanks. Which dealer as I can't find this part with parts.com etc. Can you please give me the dealer's name?

Also, somebody is selling this on ebay MERCEDES W126 126 OEM EURO HEADLIGHT LENS SEAL GASKET - eBay (item 300471995854 end time Dec-22-10 16:53:23 PST) .. Will this fit?

Cheers

PS: I have moisture/dew collecting inside the lens and want to replace the gasket before the reflectors are ruined.
1268260080 or 126826008064 comes out the same when I enterned at genuinemercedesparts.com so it should fit.

However, when I ordered mine from genuinemercedesparts.com they indicated this is one of those parts that MBUSA will not release to the internet part dealer eventhough they are avaliable. According to them, because it's a euro part, MBUSA requires the dealer to have owner sign some kind of paper work certifing that they indeed do own an euro car. Internet part dealer can't do that.

So I ended up going to my local Mercedes dealer and just ordered it locally. You might just have to do same.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1268260080 or 126826008064 comes out the same when I enterned at genuinemercedesparts.com so it should fit.

However, when I ordered mine from genuinemercedesparts.com they indicated this is one of those parts that MBUSA will not release the internet part dealer them eventhough they are avaliable. According to them, because it's a euro part, MBUSA requires the dealer to have owner sign some kind of paper work certifing that they indeed do own an euro car. Internet part dealer can't do that.

So I ended up going to my local Mercedes dealer and just ordered it locally. You might just have to do same.
I called them and they said that 126 826 00 80 64 is the old number and 126 826 00 80 is the new one. Nobody ever mentioned anything about any paper work and they are selling for $12.40each+$8.99 shipping.

Thanks for your assistance :)

Cheers

·
Registered
1990 Euro 560SEL
433 Posts
I called them and they said that 126 826 00 80 64 is the old number and 126 826 00 80 is the new one. Nobody ever mentioned anything about any paper work and they are selling for $12.40each+$8.99 shipping.

Cheers
Make sure they can filled the order though. When I placed my order, the system willing took the order, charged my credit card, and few days later, refunded my money when they realized they couldn't fill the order.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure they can filled the order though. When I placed my order, the system willing took the order, charged my credit card, and few days later, refunded my money when they realized they couldn't fill the order.
Thanks for the warning. They don't. So, I am left with buying from Ebay :(

Cheers

·
Registered
1990 Euro 560SEL
433 Posts
Thanks for the warning. They don't. So, I am left with buying from Ebay :(

Cheers
Check with your local Mercedes dealer, you might find them cheaper then you expected. The fact that the item is listed only for $15 is already cheaper then the ebay seller. Also, as with any rubber parts you want to get as "fresh" stock as possible rather than parts that has been sitting on the shelves for a while.

My part ended up coming directly from Germany as MB Canada dosen't have one in stock. So they were "factory fresh"

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check with your local Mercedes dealer, you might find them cheaper then you expected. The fact the item is listed only for $15 is already cheaper then the ebay seller. Also, as with any rubber parts you want to get as "fresh" stock as possible rather than parts that has been sitting on the shelves for a while.

My part ended up coming directly from Germany as MB Canada dosen't have one in stock. So they were "factory fresh"
Thanks mate, but I already ordered. I have way too much condensation on the glass and hence, for now will take my chances :(

As long as it lasts this winter, I am happy. After that, I have sufficient time to order new ones.

Cheers

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The seller just responded "I got them Sep 22, 2010 from Germany through Mercedes."

Now, I don't have to worry long time :)

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,158 Posts
That moisture is annoying. I had this a while ago when about to start a longish night time drive. I'd noticed condensation and vaguely thought i should sort it out, but now the lamp had 3 inches of water in the bottom?! Odd, and as soon as i braked the water sloshed up to the bulb and popped it. Luckily i had a spare, but i had to keep stopping in very bad night time rain to allow the water to run out the bottom. It was a horrible journey.

Figured out why after when i changed the gasket. I'd used some glue in the old one. Not needed anyway, and it had dried out/come unstuck and created the leak.

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts

Cheers
I purchased new seals from the MB Classic Center in Irvine. They not did request any certification regarding euro ownership. Good thing because mine is a US spec with euro headlights.

Mike

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I purchased new seals from the MB Classic Center in Irvine. They did request any certification regarding euro ownership. Good thing because mine is a US spec with euro headlights.

Mike
How much did you pay for them?

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
$19 USD and it took two days to get.

I had a typo in my original post. The classic center did not ask for euro ownership certification.

Mike

·
Registered
560SL,380SL
4,012 Posts
There is a good opportunity for a dealer in Canada to sell parts for 107's and 126's that MBUSA can't sell here.

I am familiar with MBUSA's reasoning and they are not the bad guys here, there are too many liability and governmental issues to deal with for very little profit.

·
Registered
1985 380SE US SPEC
173 Posts
Rise old thread!:bowdown:

Ordered 1268260080 from my local dealer on Monday. Arrived Wednesday.

$22

126 826 0080

So they are still around and no questions were asked.

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2013 GL550
1,391 Posts
I just got two brand new Euro glass lenses and also two of the gaskets...

Are the gaskets supposed to be glued to the lens? The original lenses I had were glued so I got some silicone and started working on one (it's a pain in the ass). Would be much better if no glue needed

UPDATE: I went back to read posts again and saw this
Figured out why after when i changed the gasket. I'd used some glue in the old one. Not needed anyway, and it had dried out/come unstuck and created the leak.
Seems that adhesive isn't needed :) I went and fit the gasket in and tried the new lens- it fit wonderfully

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E Saloon. M103 lump.
1,618 Posts
For other owners doing this .If your lights have steel clips to retain the glass your ok, but for some owners the glass is held on with the clip thats molded in to the case. Now these will break off if you try to clip them on after you fit the new seal . I know i did it ,I had to replace the whole light after one fixing clip or lugg broke and came off .The secret is to use a pair of sash clamps like the ones with plastic jaws on them to clamp the glass on to the lamp base .Do it a little at a time untill you can just lift over the retaining tabs to retain the glass .And for the back door you remove to replace the bulbs, i give them a nice coat of sillicone grease .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts