Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I recently purchased a 83' 300TD wagon in a beautiful green color. While searching ebay for miscellaneous accessory's, I ran across some Euro headlights. After receiving them I realized that the pins do not line up. So for some unknown reason I went in and rewired the actual replacement headlights and thought I had figured it all out. I was wrong! Now I have some lights working when others should be off and vise versa. I am new to BenzWorld and was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for both the pin relocation and the actual replacement headlight. I realize that it I may have taken things to far when most likely it was a easy fix. Happy Holidays!
nathan

·
Registered
968 Posts
First of all, congrats! It looks like we have the same car, other than the color.

Second, please update your signature and other settings so we know where you are and what car you have. It's helpful.

This is a great website for that particular fix
the Ol' Diesel-Benz car hole W123 W124 W126 Mods, Tips, Hacks, & More

You need a new wiring harness. You'll have no problem finding a new pair on ebay, people sell them constantly. I was lucky enough to have a euro that had been "federalized" so all I need to do was switch where the wires went in.

Oh, and if you have any pics, we are a visual group and love nothing more than to drool over a fellow benz owner's car. ;)

welcome aboard. And don't be afraid to use the search link, either...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Oh, and if you have any pics, we are a visual group and love nothing more than to drool over a fellow benz owner's car. ;).
Especially a green one! Welcome, congratulations and good luck with your lights.

Now, let's see some pics.:D

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
You only need the end plugs, they are easy to change, they simply snap together. They are sometimes available on eBay. And you need this...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The Euro's use H4's for the headlight and H3's for the fogs. Also, Bosch lenses can be bought online at Europarts Direct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts