Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
2003 SL500, 2003 SL55, and four R129s
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The software is downloadable here: R129 ETM 64.msi.

Most of us have gotten our Star Diagnosis setup from China, and it runs exclusively on Windows XP. The "Web" ETM and Starfinder which are bundled also run exclusively on XP. This download is those same applications, but they run under all versions of Windows.

·
Registered
1998 SL500, 1999 ML320
128 Posts
The software is downloadable here: R129 ETM 64 Installer.exe.

Most of us have gotten our Star Diagnosis setup from China, and it runs exclusively on Windows XP. The "Web" ETM and Starfinder which are bundled also run exclusively on XP. Mercedes eventually recognized a need for these applications to run on newer operating systems and developed a solution which they explain here.

This software download includes Mercedes' free "ETMviewer" application, the Starfinder/ETM files, and Autodesk's free Design Review. I presume from Mercedes' description of the product it will run on under all versions of Windows.
The software is downloadable here: R129 ETM 64 Installer.exe.

Most of us have gotten our Star Diagnosis setup from China, and it runs exclusively on Windows XP. The "Web" ETM and Starfinder which are bundled also run exclusively on XP. Mercedes eventually recognized a need for these applications to run on newer operating systems and developed a solution which they explain here.

This software download includes Mercedes' free "ETMviewer" application, the Starfinder/ETM files, and Autodesk's free Design Review. I presume from Mercedes' description of the product it will run on under all versions of Windows.
I installed it but made a full registry backup first. It ran but made me uncomfortable so I uninstalled everything and restored the registry on a windows 10 machine. I still have the DVD I bought around 2006 when I got the SL ane have an XP machine. The downside to the DVD, other than it's original cost is that it over-writes a system file. I did have it installed on one computer but it was less functional than this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts