Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran an analysis (multi-variate regression) on recent 300CD selling prices. I leveraged eBay. Here is the formula for the estimated price based on mileage and age. The R-squared is .543.

Estimated value = $40,966 - (1,257.9 x Age in years) - (.0318 x Mileage)

For example, my 300CD has 86,100 miles and is a 1985 (or 27 years old) is approximately worth $10,500. This also assumes that all cars are in the same relative shape. There is a value range, however, and for this example it is estimated at between $7,400 (fair condition) to $15,100 (exceptional condition). This is based on a variance of +/- 30% related to overall condition. That said, I would imagine that I may be able to get about $12,000 for my car: http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosting/is.php?i=527746&img=300CD_right_fro.jpg

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cbjukraine said:
I gotta challenge your math here...
Sorry 22 years old--mistype. The formula is based on 2007 minus Year of vehicle, however.

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
karugs said:
Do you have all original MB balancers on all four wheels?
Karugs, I am unsure what you mean. I have not changed anything regarding the wheels other than replacing the original wheels with a new set of OEM bundts and 205s versus 195s. I have also changed the lug nuts, center caps, shocks, and brake pads and discs. Do you have any photos of balancers on or off the car? I can then give you a more informed answer. Derick

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
No I don't have pics of the balancers, they have the tiny MB logo on them. The spares on both our cars have them. I saw your high res image and may have thought your balancers are the original MB ones issued, no? The cheap ones are the banana shape balancers, while the MB ones have a section in the middle that has the star.

I asked because if you look at the pic you posted, yours looks like it has them.

Pat

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, you mean the weights. I think these are aftermarket. My original wheels have the stars. I will check to verify that these are aftermarket. I did have the wheels balanced and installed at a old timer MB mechanic. He may have used the OEMs. I did request that he use OEM bolts, center caps and air valve stem caps.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Maybe it's just me but that meticulous attention to detail is what a true enthusiast/purist is all about!

Question though, are you really intent on selling your coupe? :(

·
Registered
300CD T
251 Posts
Nice car.. mine is very much the same except that I have a thin double stripe running the length of the car at the higher indent in a subtle mustard colour....Why the difference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts